Monthly Archives: November 2015
You’re here. As purromissed me is turnin’ da blog over to mommy today cuz she has a really special box to tell you ‘bout. So without further adieu heeeeeeeeeeere’s mommy.
Thank you Dezi. I do have a great box to tell everyone about today. I know some of you may have already seen one or more of these boxes around the blogosphere, but I was thrilled to be chosen to receive for a review the November Cat Lady Box. And when my box arrived even the girls got a surprise. We had received the Crazy Cat Lady box. Let me tell ya’ a little about the company before we get to the really good part. Dorian Wagner, the founder, decided it was time to debunk the old cat lady stereotype. That doesn’t mean that she or others, including me aren’t still crazy about cats; we are. The point is that we’re not the one people see in media every now and again with a hundred unkempt cats. Cat ladies come from all walks of life and financial standing. We all have one thing in common, our love of everything cat. So with that in mind Dorian began a company with a mission. To provide cat ladies with their own subscription box each month filled with little tasteful cat themed treasures for us to show off our love of cats. And even better still, 5% of the monthly profits are donated to shelters and rescues. You can also shop for single items from past boxes on the Cat Lady Box website.
Now let’s get to the box itself. There are 2 different boxes to choose from, the Cat Lady Box or the Crazy Cat Lady Box. The only difference is what’s inside the box. The Crazy Cat Lady box contains items for the cat lover and a couple of goodies for the cats as well. The Cat Lady box containing 2-3 items for the cat lady herself is only $34.99 a month and the Crazy Cat Lady box that includes a couple of things for your furry purrer is $39.99 a month. Shipping is free to the U.S., $6.95 for Canada and $12.95 to the UK.
Now let’s get to the box I received. When it arrived I couldn’t wait to open it. I had seen others review past boxes and knew I was going to love whatever was inside. And there is certainly no disappointment there. When I first opened the box I saw a small box that typically contains jewelry. We women can spot a jewelry box at any distance. lol I love jewelry so I had to check that out first. And OMC I saw the cutest Cat Face Watch ever from the Tiniest Tiger Studios. The band is tastefully done in animal print. Combined it makes a fun and sophisticated way to show off your love of cats. It’s water-resistant with a stainless steel case and gold toned hardware with a quartz movement.
Next was the Cat Outline Keychain by Empurrium. It’s a made with love (handmade) high quality wipe clean vinyl piece. It comes complete with a split ring so it easily attaches to any accessory you’d like including your keys. Laid across the bottom of the box is an adorable “Cats Are My Bag” black tote by Xenotees. A great little shopping tote to show of your love of cats. And an adorable art card featuring an abstract cat by Francesca Rizzato. She gets inspiration from her three cats, and you can see more of her artwork in her Etsy store, MiaoMiao Design. Also included was a note from Dorian and a 10% off coupon for gift subscriptions. And yes, this would make an excellent gift for the cat lover in your life.
Last but not least are the items for the girls. Both were a big hit. First up, the Cloud 9 cat treats. We got a sample of these treats a couple of years ago and the girls loved them so we are thrilled to have received a full size in the cute little cat head container. They are high in protein, low in calories, grain free and minus fillers, by-products and preservatives. Also included is the Catnip Drumstick by Housecat Club on Etsy. It’s a big hit as well and sooooo cute. I would personally like to thank Dorian for creating such an amazing deal and for allowing me to review the November Crazy Cat Lady box. If you can’t tell, I give the box, the company, all the companies involved and Dorian 2 big thumbs up. Of course no money exchanged hands here, but the box I received free is amazing.
Dezi, thanks for letting me tell everybody about my Christmas pick for the cat lovers.
Thank you mommy. Da Cat Lady Box wuld fur sure make a great gift fur Christmas or anytime of year. How ‘bout just to say I luv you? Dat’s another great reason fur a gift. Sis Lexi and me do luv da drumstick and those treats. We give those 4 paws up each. And we too wanna thank Dorian fur lettin’ our mommy have a little sumfin’ special. Dat doesn’t happen very offen and we’re sure glad when it does. She luvved it so much she had da leaky eyes everytime she looked at it. And thanks to all of you who came by to check it out. Now, run on over by clickin’ here and get your very own. You have till December da 20th to confurm and receive a December box. Weez gunna wrap it up now so me can go and play with dat drumstick some more.
Till da next time…………………………………………….Be Blest!!!
Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses
Dezi, Lexi and mommy A
Sabertooth ya’ say? Me knows what you’re thinkin’. You’re thinkin’, but sabertooth tigers are extinct right? Well they’re not. There’s quite a lot of Sabertooths’ in cat scouts and guess who be da newest? Dat’s right, it’s me!!! We had our fall purrmotion ceremony at cat scouts yesfurday and me was purrmoted to da highest rank, Sabertooth. Now me wasn’t purrmoted alone tho’. Guess who else made da cut? You know how me told y’all dat Timmy Tomcat is da reason me has a blog and even joined cat scouts in da furst place. You know me kinda cyber stalked him when we was tryin’ to learn ‘bout da innernet. It’s okay tho’, he knows and has been really helpful, and he and hims daddy has been great teachers. Anyways, we was both purrmoted to da rank of Sabertooth last night. Me was so excited me kuld barely contain meself. Maggie, Felix and Timmy’s brofur Einstein also got purrmoted to da rank of Cougar. And there was lots of mentions fur such pawsum Service to our new Cat Scout University staff, and scouts Raz and Allies’ mommy who be da new Den Mother. Speakin’ of Timmy, one of hims brofurs has been a little unner da wevver so ifin you can spare a few purrayers fur da furmily dat wuld be pawsum.
Cat Scouts is growin’ by leaps and bounds these days and with da new Cat Scout University it’s so easy fur a new scout to learn da ropes. We have da big Cardwood Derby comin’ up soon; so ifin you wanna show off your DIY skills and make your own car, better get signed up quick. Now as meez told ya’ afur mommy’s not all dat talented when it comes to DIY stuff. And as you know weez not have a lot of money so mommy looked round and found this really cool hot rod cardboard scratcher dat she thought wuld make a great car fur me fur da derby.
She pawlitely wrote da folks and asked ifin we kuld get one to review. It was a long shot, but you never know till you ask right? We heard nuffin’ back from them and dat was okay, cuz by this time mommy had read da instructions and found dat me has to “make” meez car, not buy it (or get it fur free eever). MOL So mommy put back a box dat we got to start workin’ on it next month. And then lo and behold, we received dat pawsum hot rod delivered by da UPS man this past week. MOL Dat’s okay tho’ it’s a great little car and we’ll be showin’ it to you soon. Turns out no review is required on meez bloggy just on da shoppin’ site. But it’s so cool we fink you all might like to see it.
We also received another pawsum scratcher from GoPets on amazon. They’ve got some really great stuff you might wanna check out fur Christmas. We luv da scratcher, but had no idea dat mommy also got a pair of claw clippers from them. Me doesn’t know how she kuld pawssibly think they wuld make a great Christmas gift. Me just hate claw trimmin’ day. But mommy sez these clippers are really amazin’. And let me tell ya’ they be sharp too. They sure made quick work of meez claws. Me only got in one scratch afur mommy was thru. MOL Mommy sez me be too sweet to be actin’ like dat, but me just hates getting’ meez claws clipped more than anythin’ else in da world. And no, it’s not cuz she’s hurt me or cut too close, meez hated it from da furst time. Anyways, GoPets only askd fur a mention on meez bloggy in exchange fur these pawsum items and so there ya’ have it. But we really do think any of da items they have wuld make a great Christmas purresent.
We have been so blest. But you all know us. We think da biggest blessings of all is da luv and furiendships we have found. Member to take a minute and just be thankful fur all da blessings in your life. It’s cooled off considerably here and we’re havin’ lots of storms and gray days dat look like night so mommy has slowed down a lot. We’ll be takin’ most of da day off today cuz we haven’t got our tree up yet and mommy purromissed it wuld happen this weekend. Rest assured we will get by to visit with you all soon. And don’t furget to come by tomorrow, cuz mommy has a real special treat to share with you all. We just know you’re gunna luv it as much as we do. And me almost furgot, weez joinin’ our Kitties Blue furiends fur da Sunday Selfies.
Till da next time……………………………………Be Blest!!!
Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses
Dezi and Lexi
Here it is supposedly da biggest shoppin’ day of da year and we’re still givin’ thanks fur our many blessings. But dat bein’ sed we thought we wuld put together a gift list this year. We’ve never done one of these before but we’ve received and reviewed so many pawsum purroducts this past year and a lot of ya’ trust us to tell da truth ‘bout things dat we thought we wuld be remiss ifin we didn’t. We’re not getting’ paid fur this and we won’t get anything ifin you buy any of these things, but we think these items would be great gifts fur the furry purrer(s) in your life.
1. We’ll start in January when we were so blest to have received da Fandango Liberty Cat tree from Cat Tree Steve and a special donor. It retails fur $349.00. Yes, we were and are very blest as mommy kuld never have afforded this. Obviously da Liberty tree is pawsum, but Cat Tree Steve makes a variety of trees, posts and steps, and all are made by hand out of real wood and great quality carpets. And he takes special orders. So ifin you don’t see what suits your fancy, let him know what you would like, we’re sure y’all can come up with somethin’. All things considered, his prices are good. His scratchin’ posts start at $39.00 and prices go up from there based on the item you choose. But trust us, sometimes you get what you pay fur, and when it comes to trees and scratchers, you want somethin’ sturdy and safe fur your kitty to use.
2. It would be so wrong ifin we didn’t list one of our favorite toys ever, da Yeowww nip toys. OMC Does this company make a bad toy? We have da nana (altho we can’t seem to find it right now, mol), cigar and sardines and LUV them all. Da link takes you to amazon and da nana, but check out all da Yeowww toys, we’re sure they will be a hit. Prices vary according to product and where you buy them, but they start around $6.00 and go up from there.
3. Next up is a good scratcher. Regardless of how your kitty likes to scratch, all cats need to scratch. Yes, even your declawed kitty still wants and needs to scratch. Mommy sez you need scratchers in a variety of materials and at least one horizontal and one vertical scratcher. We’re furiends with a dog rescuer who once told mommy dat she thought a scratcher was a scratcher and she didn’t know there was any more to it. But there is. Me is a vertical scratcher dat purrfurs carpet and sisal. Sis Lexi is a horizontal scratcher and purrfurs corrugated cardboard; altho’ she will also use sisal. Ifin your kitty is a vertical scratcher be sure to get a sturdy post. Ifin it falls over da furst time we touch it, we won’t ever use it again. Our furst Christmas we won a pawsum scratchin’ post from da Purrfect Post. And this year we reviewed a great horizontal bench scratcher made by Catit. Prices here range according to scratchin’ surface, size, type and where you get it. They can start as low as $8.00 and go up into da $100’s.
4. Next up is the Fountain. Something that’s not only fun, but helps your kitty stay healthy. Mommy sez dat just like da scratchers, this one can be a bit tricky too. There’s so many options on da market today dat surely you can find da right one fur your kitty. And don’t get discouraged ifin your kitty seems afraid of da fountain at furst. It took me a good long while afur me wuld even get near our furst fountain, much less take a drink from it. MOL We reviewed da pawsum Pagoda fountain from PetSafe a few moths ago and we luv it. And mommy luvs it cuz it be easy to clean. But me also luvs to drink from a stream which me can’t do with da Pagoda. American Valley Pet makes a great fountain dat has UV sterilization and a stream. Tween da bubbly ones to da streamin’ ones, plastic, steel or ceramic water fountains, there’s one out there fur your furry pal. Prices here can range from $25.00 to the $100’s. Just remember to be patient and keep a bowl of water out by da fountain till you see your furry pal drinkin’ from da fountain. You don’t want them getting’ dehydrated cuz they’re too afraid to try da fountain. Every kitty can be won over, it just takes a little time.
5. Now you know your little hunter needs to play and Jackson Galaxy da cat daddy himself has some really pawsum interactive toys. Da furst one is da Ground Prey wand toy. Oh we luv this one. And with the wire holdin’ da toy to da wand, it’s purretty indestructable. Da next one is da Air Prey wand toy. This wuld be da one fur all you fevver luvvers. Both of these sell fur $15.95 on Jackson’s site. Altho’ a little pricey, they awe worth it when you see da amount of joy on your little hunter’s face.
Well there ya’ go. A little list of sum pawsum products. Any of these items wuld make purrfect gifts fur da furry purrer in your life. Altho’ we haven’t reviewed all of these fur ya’, we do own them and use them regularly. We hope you enjoy our gift picks and remember da bestest gift of all is Luv. A furever home where we’re safe and luvved is all we really ask fur. As da human in this relationship, it’s up to you to make sure we have da things needed to keep us healthy and happy and not destroyin’ your furniture. We awe so blest to have our luvvin’ furever home with an amazin’ mommy and da things we need to be healthy happy kitties.
As we do every weekend, we’re joinin’ Rascal and Rocco fur da Pet Parade. And come back on Monday fur a pawsum review from mommy. She’s got a gift pick you gotta see. Gotta go now, mommy just pulled out da ground prey wand and me needs to ketch it.
Till da next time…………………………………………Be Blest!!!