Here it is supposedly da biggest shoppin’ day of da year and we’re still givin’ thanks fur our many blessings. But dat bein’ sed we thought we wuld put together a gift list this year. We’ve never done one of these before but we’ve received and reviewed so many pawsum purroducts this past year and a lot of ya’ trust us to tell da truth ‘bout things dat we thought we wuld be remiss ifin we didn’t. We’re not getting’ paid fur this and we won’t get anything ifin you buy any of these things, but we think these items would be great gifts fur the furry purrer(s) in your life.
1. We’ll start in January when we were so blest to have received da Fandango Liberty Cat tree from Cat Tree Steve and a special donor. It retails fur $349.00. Yes, we were and are very blest as mommy kuld never have afforded this. Obviously da Liberty tree is pawsum, but Cat Tree Steve makes a variety of trees, posts and steps, and all are made by hand out of real wood and great quality carpets. And he takes special orders. So ifin you don’t see what suits your fancy, let him know what you would like, we’re sure y’all can come up with somethin’. All things considered, his prices are good. His scratchin’ posts start at $39.00 and prices go up from there based on the item you choose. But trust us, sometimes you get what you pay fur, and when it comes to trees and scratchers, you want somethin’ sturdy and safe fur your kitty to use.
2. It would be so wrong ifin we didn’t list one of our favorite toys ever, da Yeowww nip toys. OMC Does this company make a bad toy? We have da nana (altho we can’t seem to find it right now, mol), cigar and sardines and LUV them all. Da link takes you to amazon and da nana, but check out all da Yeowww toys, we’re sure they will be a hit. Prices vary according to product and where you buy them, but they start around $6.00 and go up from there.
3. Next up is a good scratcher. Regardless of how your kitty likes to scratch, all cats need to scratch. Yes, even your declawed kitty still wants and needs to scratch. Mommy sez you need scratchers in a variety of materials and at least one horizontal and one vertical scratcher. We’re furiends with a dog rescuer who once told mommy dat she thought a scratcher was a scratcher and she didn’t know there was any more to it. But there is. Me is a vertical scratcher dat purrfurs carpet and sisal. Sis Lexi is a horizontal scratcher and purrfurs corrugated cardboard; altho’ she will also use sisal. Ifin your kitty is a vertical scratcher be sure to get a sturdy post. Ifin it falls over da furst time we touch it, we won’t ever use it again. Our furst Christmas we won a pawsum scratchin’ post from da Purrfect Post. And this year we reviewed a great horizontal bench scratcher made by Catit. Prices here range according to scratchin’ surface, size, type and where you get it. They can start as low as $8.00 and go up into da $100’s.
4. Next up is the Fountain. Something that’s not only fun, but helps your kitty stay healthy. Mommy sez dat just like da scratchers, this one can be a bit tricky too. There’s so many options on da market today dat surely you can find da right one fur your kitty. And don’t get discouraged ifin your kitty seems afraid of da fountain at furst. It took me a good long while afur me wuld even get near our furst fountain, much less take a drink from it. MOL We reviewed da pawsum Pagoda fountain from PetSafe a few moths ago and we luv it. And mommy luvs it cuz it be easy to clean. But me also luvs to drink from a stream which me can’t do with da Pagoda. American Valley Pet makes a great fountain dat has UV sterilization and a stream. Tween da bubbly ones to da streamin’ ones, plastic, steel or ceramic water fountains, there’s one out there fur your furry pal. Prices here can range from $25.00 to the $100’s. Just remember to be patient and keep a bowl of water out by da fountain till you see your furry pal drinkin’ from da fountain. You don’t want them getting’ dehydrated cuz they’re too afraid to try da fountain. Every kitty can be won over, it just takes a little time.
5. Now you know your little hunter needs to play and Jackson Galaxy da cat daddy himself has some really pawsum interactive toys. Da furst one is da Ground Prey wand toy. Oh we luv this one. And with the wire holdin’ da toy to da wand, it’s purretty indestructable. Da next one is da Air Prey wand toy. This wuld be da one fur all you fevver luvvers. Both of these sell fur $15.95 on Jackson’s site. Altho’ a little pricey, they awe worth it when you see da amount of joy on your little hunter’s face.
Well there ya’ go. A little list of sum pawsum products. Any of these items wuld make purrfect gifts fur da furry purrer in your life. Altho’ we haven’t reviewed all of these fur ya’, we do own them and use them regularly. We hope you enjoy our gift picks and remember da bestest gift of all is Luv. A furever home where we’re safe and luvved is all we really ask fur. As da human in this relationship, it’s up to you to make sure we have da things needed to keep us healthy and happy and not destroyin’ your furniture. We awe so blest to have our luvvin’ furever home with an amazin’ mommy and da things we need to be healthy happy kitties.
As we do every weekend, we’re joinin’ Rascal and Rocco fur da Pet Parade. And come back on Monday fur a pawsum review from mommy. She’s got a gift pick you gotta see. Gotta go now, mommy just pulled out da ground prey wand and me needs to ketch it.
Till da next time…………………………………………Be Blest!!!
Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses
Dezi and Lexi
Oh Meow, What a weekend. fire boomers all weekend long and funnew stowrms too. And fun at Cat Scouts and da Tabby Cat club too. Meez so tired. And yous know what? Me kulda been dehudwated too wiff all dat runnin’ wound out in da heat. But fankfully weez got furesh water available all da time. And not just any ole bowl of water eever, weez got a kitty fountain to dwink fwum. And yous know how much fun kitty fountains awe. Yous wunnewin’ why me be ramblin’ on ‘bout meez kitty fountain awen’t you? Well it’s cuz me wants to talk to you ‘bout sumfin’ weally purrtant today and dat’s Hydwation. Me told you earlier this mumff dat July be Pet Hydwation Awareness Mumff. And you all know how purrtant it be dat we all stay hydwated. Isn’t dat wight mommy?
Yes Dezi that’s right. 80% of your body is water. And as a kitty it’s not really in your nature to drink a lot of water. In the wild you would get a lot of water from the prey animals that you would eat.
Me knows dat’s what they say mommy, but me be weally glad me dusn’t have to hunt fur meez dinner and eat little mouseys.
Well sweety I’m glad you don’t have to hunt and eat little mice either. But that means you need to drink more water, and that’s not something a kitty readily does.
We do tho’, don’t we mommy? Lexi and me? We luv to dwink fwum our fountains.
Yes Dezi, you and your sister do like to drink from your fountains. But I remember a time beore we had a fountain, and you didn’t drink nearly enough water. You’re suppose to drink at least an ounce of water for every pound of body weight. And if you don’t, you’re in danger of becoming dehydrated. And that’s not good. Water is essential for your well being. It helps support your vital organ functions.
And it’s wespawnsible fur fings like digestion and waste wemoval too, wight?
That’s right honey. Do you know what causes dehydration Dezi?
Me duz mommy.. It happens when we don’t dwink enuff. Or when our fluid level dwops cuz of heat or dwy kibble. We animals sweat diffewently than hoomans do. Dogs pant and we kitties sweat fwu our paw pads. Duin’ this can deplete us of dat much needed hydwation purretty fast. So we need to weplenish. And one of da ways we can get da water our bodies need is to dwink more water. But a bowl of stagnant water isn’t weally appealin’, and altho’ sum doggis dwink outta da hooman pawdee box, dat’s not weally safe. Us anipals seem to kmow dat runnin’ water be furesh water and dat’s why Lexi and me like dwinkin’ fwum a fountain. so much.
And OMC Were we ever blest to have wecieved a pawsum Drinkwell Pagoda fountain fwum PetSafe. You can check out their udder pawsum purroducts by clickin’ on their name. And you can check ‘em out on twitter and facebook also. Our new fountain has 2 water falls to dwink fwum and two bowls too, an upper and larger bottom bowl. And it looks purretty. It comes in 4 diffewent colors to match or blend in wiff any décor. And it holds 70 ounces of furesh water dat it wecirculates over and over again. And it has not 1 but 2 filters to make da water even cleaner. It’s made of ceramic so it dusn’t cause dat feline acne. And they say it makes it easier to clean. Is it easier to clean mommy?
Oh yes Dezi, it sure is. I love how easy it is to clean. And that all the parts are in one place. And that there aren’t a billion little places to get all gunky and slimy. Yes Dezi, I like your new fountain as much as you and Lexi do. And the replacement filters are easy to find and not too expensive.
Dat’s pawsum mommy. How offen do yous have to clean it?
Well sweety it should be cleaned and filled with fresh water weekly, or as needed, but the filters only need to be changed once every 4 – 6 weeks.
So then it’s easy to maintain. You know what wulda been gweat mommy?
What’s that sweety?
Ifin Pet Safe Wulda let us give one of these pawsum fountains away to one of our amazin’ furiends.
Well Dezi dear guess what? They are. You can give away 1 Drinkwell Pagoda fountain in any of the 4 colors to one U. S. reader.
Weally mommy? OMC Dat’s so pawsum. Well yous heard it furiends. Weez got a Drinkwell Pagoda Fountain wiff one lucky Americans name on it. (name will not be on the actual fountain) And you get to choose yous own color. Just cuz we like da beige dusn’t mean yous have to get dat color. So lissen up, cuz here’s how yous enter:
Furst you must follow meez bloggy by email. There’s a follow button wight there on da sidebaw.
Next, leave a comment tellin’ me what color yous wuld like ifin yous win. Yous have fwu Fursday 7/9/15 at 11:59 p.m. to enter.
Water is a gweat way to stay hydwated. Stay tuned fur more ways to Hydwate da Body.
Till da next time…………………..Be Blest!!!
Dezi = Blue
Mommy = Black
Disclaimer: We didn’t weceive any gween papers fur this post. We weceived a Pagoda fountain fur our unbiased opinion. As always we will only bwing you purroducts we use or have twied and fink will be of interwest to you.