Here it is supposedly da biggest shoppin’ day of da year and we’re still givin’ thanks fur our many blessings. But dat bein’ sed we thought we wuld put together a gift list this year. We’ve never done one of these before but we’ve received and reviewed so many pawsum purroducts this past year and a lot of ya’ trust us to tell da truth ‘bout things dat we thought we wuld be remiss ifin we didn’t. We’re not getting’ paid fur this and we won’t get anything ifin you buy any of these things, but we think these items would be great gifts fur the furry purrer(s) in your life.
1. We’ll start in January when we were so blest to have received da Fandango Liberty Cat tree from Cat Tree Steve and a special donor. It retails fur $349.00. Yes, we were and are very blest as mommy kuld never have afforded this. Obviously da Liberty tree is pawsum, but Cat Tree Steve makes a variety of trees, posts and steps, and all are made by hand out of real wood and great quality carpets. And he takes special orders. So ifin you don’t see what suits your fancy, let him know what you would like, we’re sure y’all can come up with somethin’. All things considered, his prices are good. His scratchin’ posts start at $39.00 and prices go up from there based on the item you choose. But trust us, sometimes you get what you pay fur, and when it comes to trees and scratchers, you want somethin’ sturdy and safe fur your kitty to use.
2. It would be so wrong ifin we didn’t list one of our favorite toys ever, da Yeowww nip toys. OMC Does this company make a bad toy? We have da nana (altho we can’t seem to find it right now, mol), cigar and sardines and LUV them all. Da link takes you to amazon and da nana, but check out all da Yeowww toys, we’re sure they will be a hit. Prices vary according to product and where you buy them, but they start around $6.00 and go up from there.
3. Next up is a good scratcher. Regardless of how your kitty likes to scratch, all cats need to scratch. Yes, even your declawed kitty still wants and needs to scratch. Mommy sez you need scratchers in a variety of materials and at least one horizontal and one vertical scratcher. We’re furiends with a dog rescuer who once told mommy dat she thought a scratcher was a scratcher and she didn’t know there was any more to it. But there is. Me is a vertical scratcher dat purrfurs carpet and sisal. Sis Lexi is a horizontal scratcher and purrfurs corrugated cardboard; altho’ she will also use sisal. Ifin your kitty is a vertical scratcher be sure to get a sturdy post. Ifin it falls over da furst time we touch it, we won’t ever use it again. Our furst Christmas we won a pawsum scratchin’ post from da Purrfect Post. And this year we reviewed a great horizontal bench scratcher made by Catit. Prices here range according to scratchin’ surface, size, type and where you get it. They can start as low as $8.00 and go up into da $100’s.
4. Next up is the Fountain. Something that’s not only fun, but helps your kitty stay healthy. Mommy sez dat just like da scratchers, this one can be a bit tricky too. There’s so many options on da market today dat surely you can find da right one fur your kitty. And don’t get discouraged ifin your kitty seems afraid of da fountain at furst. It took me a good long while afur me wuld even get near our furst fountain, much less take a drink from it. MOL We reviewed da pawsum Pagoda fountain from PetSafe a few moths ago and we luv it. And mommy luvs it cuz it be easy to clean. But me also luvs to drink from a stream which me can’t do with da Pagoda. American Valley Pet makes a great fountain dat has UV sterilization and a stream. Tween da bubbly ones to da streamin’ ones, plastic, steel or ceramic water fountains, there’s one out there fur your furry pal. Prices here can range from $25.00 to the $100’s. Just remember to be patient and keep a bowl of water out by da fountain till you see your furry pal drinkin’ from da fountain. You don’t want them getting’ dehydrated cuz they’re too afraid to try da fountain. Every kitty can be won over, it just takes a little time.
5. Now you know your little hunter needs to play and Jackson Galaxy da cat daddy himself has some really pawsum interactive toys. Da furst one is da Ground Prey wand toy. Oh we luv this one. And with the wire holdin’ da toy to da wand, it’s purretty indestructable. Da next one is da Air Prey wand toy. This wuld be da one fur all you fevver luvvers. Both of these sell fur $15.95 on Jackson’s site. Altho’ a little pricey, they awe worth it when you see da amount of joy on your little hunter’s face.
Well there ya’ go. A little list of sum pawsum products. Any of these items wuld make purrfect gifts fur da furry purrer in your life. Altho’ we haven’t reviewed all of these fur ya’, we do own them and use them regularly. We hope you enjoy our gift picks and remember da bestest gift of all is Luv. A furever home where we’re safe and luvved is all we really ask fur. As da human in this relationship, it’s up to you to make sure we have da things needed to keep us healthy and happy and not destroyin’ your furniture. We awe so blest to have our luvvin’ furever home with an amazin’ mommy and da things we need to be healthy happy kitties.
As we do every weekend, we’re joinin’ Rascal and Rocco fur da Pet Parade. And come back on Monday fur a pawsum review from mommy. She’s got a gift pick you gotta see. Gotta go now, mommy just pulled out da ground prey wand and me needs to ketch it.
Till da next time…………………………………………Be Blest!!!
Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses
Dezi and Lexi
Our favowit posty of da week, it’s Blest Sunday. Da day when we talk ‘bout our blessins and fank you all fur bein’ a pawrt of our lives. And we wanna fank awnty Carolyn and unkle Mike fur donatin’ to sis Lexi’s care fundraiser. Da link be on our sidebar ifin yous wuld like to donate. She had a little tummy upset this meownin’ and fwu up hers bwekky, but mommy quickly fixed her up a butter spoon wiff sum slippery elm bawrk and settled it wight down. She’s eatin’ well and playin’ and da UTI seems to be gone so we awe extwemely blest.
And we have been so blest to have worked wiff PetSafe this mumff to offer you all sum pawsum give aways. Furst there was da Pagoda Fountain and then da FroliCat Flik. What kuld be better yous ask? How ‘bout we run da mumff out wiff one more PetSafe give away? Sound good to you? We just luv their purroducts and toys and kuldn’t be more happy to purrsent you wiff da FroliCat Pounce. Similar to da FLik, da pounce has a bwight yellow mousey dat goes wound and wound, furward and backwards and pauses and hides unner little tunnels. It’s unpurrdictable and will keep you and yous kitty guessin’ what it’s next move is. Da Pounce has 4 speed settings and automatically turns off after 10 minutes. It wequires 3 AA btteries dat not be included. But hey, almost everypawdy has those hangin’ wound wight?. Mommy sez she finks da world wevolves wound AA batteries. Least most of da fings in our house do. MOL You know you want it, wight?
You shuld check out all da pawsum purroducts PetSafe carries. They carry fings even we didn’t know ‘bout. And as we sed afur, we luv da PetSafe company and have quite a few of their purroducts in our house, even afur this wunnewful oppurtunity happened. They also carry lots of goodies fur doggies. And meez here to tell ya’ they be well made and hold up weally good. Me can sure put a toy to da test, and our Flik and Pounce awe still workin’ purrfectly. So how do yous enter to win yous own FroliCat Pounce yous ask?
It’s weal easy. Da give away be open to all U.S. residents.
1.) Just leave us a comment and 2.) share this posty on twitter, facebook, or whatever udder social media you might belong too. Purrlease include da link of yous share in yous comment. Ifin yous not be on any social media sites purrlease let us know. Weez not want anypawdy left out cuz of a rule. But, ifin yous awe in social media, it’s only fair to share. (me made a rhyme. ) Da give away ends on Furiday 7/31/15 at 11:59 p.m. CST. So come on,, enter fur yous chance to win.
And till da next time……………..Be Blest!!!
Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses
Dezi and Lexi
Disclaimer: We weceived da PetSafe FroliCat Pounce in exchange fur our honest weview. PetSafe is not wespawnsible fur da opinions expurressed here and meez opinions can’t be bought. As always we only bwing you purroducts we use or have twied and fink wuld be of innewest to you.
So me was a tiny little girly and as is offen da case wiff rescues me was a little sickly. So meez only real job fur mommy fur a good long time was to alert her afur she passed out. Dat’s not to say dat she wasn’t actively twyin’ to twain me to do udder fings, me just wasn’t weally big nuff. Me weally fawt da fone was cool but meez paws wasn’t stwong enuff to push da buttons. Mommy wuld put meez paws on da nummers but me just kuldn’t push ‘em down. But there was anudder fing me kuld do. Since me was taken fwum meez mommy afur me was weaned me weally liked to “make biscuits”. All us kitties do but those of us taken too yung do it all da time to everyfin’. And meez favowit place to be was mommys lap, kneadin’ hers tummy and legs. Altho’ mommy dusn’t weally need tummy massages, she sez they did feel good, but when me wuld deviate fwum hers legs or awms, she wuld wedirect me. Me also liked to be up high as you saw fwum meez foto Fursday so mommy wuld move me to hers shoulders and help me knead hers shoulders and head.
Help me yous say? Well like me sed all kitties knead sumtimes and you can direct dat behavior to happen when and where yous want it. Dat’s called twainin’. When me was on mommys shoulders she wuld coo at me which wuld turn on meez motor boat (purr) and get meez paws to workin’. Mommy wuld tell me how much she liked dat and how wunnewful me was and me wuld purr da louder and knead da more. Since me was so tiny me kuldn’t push very hawrd so there was no deep tissue massages like sis Lexi duz, but me was learnin’. And mommy sez dat’s what counts. Even tho’ me wasn’t makin’ a big diffewence at da time, me was learnin’ where to massage and to do it when mommy wanted me too. These were all lessons fur da day me was bigger and what me did mattered.
Since me luvved to be wiff mommy and sit in hers lap, she wuld let me lissen to peeps on da udder end of da fone. And mommy wuld coo at me till I wuld “talk” meow to them a little. Me just fawt it was fun, but mommy was twainin’ me fur da day when me kuld push da nummers and wuld need to meow when da mergency peeps picked up. It all helped me not to be fwaid of da fone or da voices on da udder end dat me didn’t wecognize. And me wuld watch sis Lexi and sumtimes me wuld twy to mimic her and da fings she did. Mommy sez havin’ a second alweady twained Service cat is very helpful. Cuz even when da untwained kitty not be big enuff to do sum fings, they be learnin’ by watchin’. And dat makes twainin’ in da future dat much easier.
Now me knows dat you all wunnew ifin weez work 24/7. And da answer is…sort of. Weez always “on call”. Meanin’ ifin mommy needs us or ifin me senses hers gunna pass out, then we immediately stop whatever we be duin’ and help mommy. But as you can see fwum todays fotos, we play too. Mommy sez we work hawd and deserve to play hawd too. So we have purrlenty of toys dat have nuffin’ to do wiff Service animal twainin’. Course mommy also sez toys can be a gweat help in teachin’ too. Toys like da Pet Safe FroliCat Flik awe not only good fur honin’ our feline hunting skills, they’re also good at twainin’ us to turn on fings wiff buttons and carry stuff dat be bigger. Now weez not tellin’ ya’ dat ifin yous get yous own FroliCat Flik yous kitty’s gunna be a Service cat, but we can say dat they will have lots of fun,
Ifin you can’t see da video, purrlease click here.
As wiff all da PetSafe purroducts we have da FroliCat Flik is well made and will stand up against normal kitty play and even a little more aggwessive kitty play as you kuld see in meez video. It’s made of sturdy plasctic and da stwing be a soft fabwic so it won’t hurt yous kitty ifin it hits ‘em. (mommy used to fink it was like a weed whacker stwing) It runs on 3 AA batteries (not included) and has an automatic shut off after 15 minutes. Or you can manually turn it off usin’ da same button you used to turn it on. It also has rubber feet to help keep it from sliding ifin yous use it on a bare floor. Da stwing flings and hides to capture yous kitties attention and mimic da chase and ketch. As you kuld see fwum meez video, me likes to ketch and take away. MOL
Da wunnewful peeps at PetSafe awe lettin’ me give one lucky U.S. kitty their very own FroliCat Flik. We know you want one. To Enter tween now and Furiday at 11:59 p.m. CST all you have to do is:
1. comment and tell me what yous favowit type of toy is
2. share meez posty or pin a foto.
Weez not want anypawdy to be left out dat wants to enter, so ifin yous have twubble commentin’ or awe not on any social media sites, purrlease send us an email and weez’ll see what we can do so you can enter.
Till da next time………………..Be Blest!!!
Ifin yous missed any of our recent Service Animal posts you can view them here:
Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses
Dezi and Lexi